Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Surrendering the Crown

Although two days ago my yard was covered in several inches of snow, today's 70 degree temperatures were absolutely lovely.  I made "picnic lunch by the lake" cut in line before all the errands that had to be run today.  The Bean and I found a sunny patch of grass and stared at the ducks on the lake while eating.  She was casually leaning on my lap and in that moment in time, all was absolutely perfect.

That's about when I realized that I'd created a monster.

The Bean began to dip her PB&J sandwich into ranch dressing.  Oh my.  Now, to be fair, I instilled in her the love of ranch dressing.  Good ranch dressing is the perfect pair for a great many things.  Salads, yes, but also french fries, pizza, tortilla chips, assorted veggies and pretzels.  I brought it along to enhance our carrot sticks and broccoli.  The Bean told me I should dip my pretzel sticks and I eagerly obliged, because yes, that was delicious.  But I draw the line at mixing peanut butter and/or jelly with ranch.

She might outrank me in the Ranch Dressing Lover department.  Well played, wee one.

-m

No comments:

Post a Comment