Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Open Letter to my Light Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing Bottle

Dear Bottle of Light Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing,

I am unimpressed.  I can't comment on your flavor yet, as I've yet to actually taste you, but your packaging and I got off to a rough start.  Your "Easy Open Peel" is mislabeled.  That is, unless by "Easy Open" you mean "This Sticker Will Most Likely Cause Your Fingernail To Bend Backward While Trying To Pry The Corner Up So You May Be Better Off Grabbing A Steak Knife."  As I used the most formal of swears, I realized that the peel indicated that I now needed to "Remove Inner Quality Seal Before Using".  Awesome.  I then unscrewed the cap to reveal the seal with "Lift ‘n’ Peel™" imprinted on it.  Charming.  I lifted.  And lifted.  And tried lifting the other side.  No peeling action.  I gave it several good tries before lifting the tab clean off.  The seal was still firmly on the bottle and I'm quite positive that it was smugly grunting at me, pleased with itself.  A sharp knife stab later and I was finally victorious.  I poured some of your dressing into a container for the husband's lunch and shoved you forcefully back into the fridge door.

Now that the easy part is obviously over, I might consider giving you another try.  Next week.  When my fingernail recovers.

Regards,
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment